This is a collection* of my latest digital content gathered from around the Web. My name is Kevin Dugan and I’m the Director of Marketing at Empower MediaMarketing.
For the bulk of my 20-year career in marketing communications I’ve used the Internet to advance client goals. Advising clients as large as General Electric and Xerox, as small as a software startup and most everything in between, I’ve been immersed in interactive technology, social media and content marketing.
This has shown me that no media is a panacea. Like any facet of communications, a blend of creativity and strategy is required to reach your customers and your business goals.
This approach has paid off. My public relations efforts have garnered six national awards. My blogs Strategic Public Relations and The Bad Pitch Blog have been singled out for awards, including a 2007 Award of Commendation from the Public Relations Society of America. Both blogs are ranked by Advertising Age magazine’s Power 150 -- a ranking of the top marketing blogs in the world.
These hard-earned experiences translate into expert insight into your business needs.
While I am working full-time for Empower MediaMarketing. I’m available for speaking engagements in four key areas.
Social Media: I take a pragmatic approach to the shiny new and distill the hype into actionable insights for your audience in an entertaining fashion.
Marketing Communications: From the strategic planning process to case studies focusing on a single topic, I can provide an experienced, informed opinion while engaging the audience.
Public Relations & Media Relations: As founder of the Bad Pitch Blog, I’ve spent the last three years educating the industry on improving media relations skills, including a teleseminar with Help a Reporter Out CEO Peter Shankman. From high level PR issues to specific media relations trends, my presentations will clearly outline the topic and inspire others.
:: Speaking Engagement Schedule ::
Here some recent speaking engagements. For more details on a specfic event, presentation or speaking references, drop me an email at the address below.
- The Circuit, Cincinnati Ohio. Speaking to Circuit members about social media's impact on marketing communications.
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Water Cooler.Speaking to Chamber members about the latest social media trends.
- Louisville Social Media Club, IABC Kentucky Chapter, New Age PR and Measurement for ROI| Social Media Bootcamp. Presenting "Messages that Matter" alongside Jason Falls and K.D. Paine.
- SummitUp, Dayton Ohio. Honored to kick off this "social media confab" with a keynote. Sharing the dias that day with Bob Garfield and Chris Brogan.
- Enquirer Media and Cincinnati Social Media's News 2.0 Forum.Organized and executed an event for more than 100 attendees on the future of news.
- Digital Hub Initiative's Non Conference. Sitting on a panel with Pete Blackshaw and Dave Knox to discuss "Building Great Brands in the Digital Age."
- American Marketing Association, Cincinnati Chapter. Presented "Smart Pitch: New Tools bring New Rules."
- Graydon, Head and Ritchey, Cincinnati Law Firm. Daniel Lally and I presented "The New Town Square" to Graydon lawyers as part of their continuing education series.
- P&G's Bringing Influencer Insights In. Presented "CPG 2.0" to P&G external relations as part of their continuing education series. It included thought starters on ways they can better integrate social media into their efforts.
- Society of Professional Journalists, Cincinnati Chapter. Sat on a panel discussing social media's impact on the news cycle.
- Indianapolis PRSA. The Hoosier chapter asked me to present "Smart Pitch: New Media Relations Tools for Web 2.0 Tools."
- Cincinnati PRSA. Jackie Reau and I presented "Distilling the Hype: Twitter in Five Easy Steps" to a sell out crowd. To meet demand, we repeated the event for them a few months later in July.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer. "The Social Journalist" was presented to the news room by Daniel Lally, Jack Griener and myself to help the staff stay up to date on social media trends.
- P&G's Digital Summit. Selected as one of 50 digital marketing experts to participate in P&G's social media experiment, raising $100,000 in four hours for Tide: Loads of Hope charity.
- Pittsburgh PRSA. Presented "Smart Pitch: New Media Relations Tools for Web 2.0 Tools" as part of the chapter's monthly programming.
- HYPE: Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce. I presented "What can social media do for you?" To a crowd of more than 100 people.
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati. Dave Knox and I presented "Social Media 101: Advancing the Cause Online" to the UWGC marketing team and some of its partner organizations.
For more information on my availability to consult or speak, contact me via phone or email.
* This is not a lifestream life happens offline.